Monday, July 20, 2009

Quiver

I went to Northam Friday afternoon to attend a conference called Quiver. Northam is about an hour and a half drive east of Perth. Having no transportation (yet!) of my own, I decided to take the train. Unfortunately, there’s no public transport going to the venue from the train station and the distance is about 9 kilometres. Kung malapit-lapit lang yun nilakad ko na lang. I had no choice but to call the event organizers and ask them if they can send someone to pick me up, which they graciously did.

Quiver is a week-end event for 18-35 year olds run by Ellel Ministries. I know, I’m almost past the maximum age! Kaya nag-attend na ako bago pa malampasan yung edad ko. The main vision of Quiver is to equip young adults in living a “no compromise” life. I’m thankful I went. Even if the teachings were not new to me as I’ve gone to a healing ministry before, it’s still good to be reminded of God’s truth.

East Perth train station. That's the train that took me to Northam.

Train tracks in Northam. I got there at aroung 5.15PM.

Signage to inform visitors that they are in Northam.

This main hall is located on an 84 acres of land owned by Ellel Ministries. It houses the kitchen, conference hall, and the dormitories.

Just a few of the cabins inside the compound.

My room for two nights. I had it all to myself! Sweet!

Still inside the compound. This road will lead you to the kangaroo enclosure.

Such a cutie!!!!

A mommy kangaroo! Look at her baby inside her pouch.

2 comments:

adelle said...

I so love this site..ang daming sceneries..hehe..keep this up..makes me want to go to Australia too.Keep in touch!

gay said...

my intention for this blog is to post the sceneries here in WA. medyo hindi nga ako akakaikot lately kaya bihira mag post ng pictures. wait 'til i have my own tranport! :0)