How long does it take for someone to learn a new process?
For those who are familiar with accounting, I know that you would agree with me that the collection cycle is a no-brainer. Most especially if you are using a computerised system and all you have to do is click some buttons, print-out and sign some reports, sort-out the collection and have the bank collect it.
I transferred the collection process to X on 1 November. I gave her the step by step manual and advised her to attend training. I even personally guided her through the complete cycle.
That was six months ago. Guess what, she’s still running to me for help! She still can’t get her head around it?!?! It seems like every month I would receive a call or an email from her asking for help to either sort out the mess or guide her again through the process! Even head office is pestering me because she’s not submitting any reports!
I trained someone else a few years back and that person has no background in accounting whatsoever and yet he never gave me problems. X is claiming she’s got solid finance, audit, and accounting background but look at what she's delivering - headaches!
What will happen to her when the more complex accounting/finance stuff are transferred to her? I don't want to know!
For those who are familiar with accounting, I know that you would agree with me that the collection cycle is a no-brainer. Most especially if you are using a computerised system and all you have to do is click some buttons, print-out and sign some reports, sort-out the collection and have the bank collect it.
I transferred the collection process to X on 1 November. I gave her the step by step manual and advised her to attend training. I even personally guided her through the complete cycle.
That was six months ago. Guess what, she’s still running to me for help! She still can’t get her head around it?!?! It seems like every month I would receive a call or an email from her asking for help to either sort out the mess or guide her again through the process! Even head office is pestering me because she’s not submitting any reports!
I trained someone else a few years back and that person has no background in accounting whatsoever and yet he never gave me problems. X is claiming she’s got solid finance, audit, and accounting background but look at what she's delivering - headaches!
What will happen to her when the more complex accounting/finance stuff are transferred to her? I don't want to know!
It's annoying when someone claims something that s/he's not.
Hayyyyyy…..
Hayyyyyy…..
No comments:
Post a Comment