Wednesday, May 26, 2010

some good things never last

I received a call from him after i got home from work this afternoon. I don’t why he didn’t tell me about it earlier when we were together the whole day at work. Maybe he doesn’t want to see my reaction preferring to hear my voice than see my face. Or maybe it took him a while to process the consequences of his decision. We both know that it’s going to come to this sooner than later. But i didn’t expect that it’s going to be this soon.

Come July, i will not see him every morning at work anymore. I won’t smell that familiar perfume next to me anymore. No more gentle touches and hugs whenever i have a rough day at work. All of it will come to an end a few weeks from now. But not everything is lost for there’s always Saturdays and Sundays, and after office hours dates.

I think we are both happy but kind of sad at the news. We’re happy because it’s for his career development, sad because we’re not going to see each other as often as we used to. Nothing beats seeing that special person every morning and sitting next to him for 8 hours five days a week. But, as they say, some good things never last and don’t be sad that it ended, be thankful that it happened.

No comments: