Saturday, May 16, 2009

the picture that started it all

I joined a digital photography class last February and one of the requirements was a submission of at least three photographs that tell a story about the uniqueness of our city. I was not excited about the task they gave us because one, I was not crazy about the theme and two, they asked us to go out and take pictures from 12-1pm! How in the world can you take a good picture at that hour?!? I thought I won't be able to submit a single picture because the first few shots I took were really frustrating. But after hundreds of shots, well not really hundreds but almost, below are the pictures that I thought will get the attention of our instructor:

I like this shot because of the greenery and the colour of the statue. But it's a bit cluttered though. The window at the back didn't help either. The texture of the stone can be seen on this shot.
Two-faced window. I think this is an abandoned house.
Side entrance to the Perth College. Entrance to the chapel.

But below is the picture that my instructor has chosen to be included in the City of Stirling exhibit:

If UP-Diliman has the Oblation, Perth College has this statue.

I thought that was the end of it but last Monday, I received an email from the organizer asking for my permission if the City of Stirling Library Council can include this picture in their collection. Whoohooa!

There you go, that's the picture that started it all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

two thumbs up te gay..cheers! congrats! susie

OFTHEROCK said...

Wow, those shots show promise! Galing ah, yung picture featured agad!
Congrats! Pretty soon mga dramatic Aussie landscapes naman ang kukunan mo.

Ako din I want to be a photographer kaya lang pa minsan minsan lang ako makahiram ng matinong camera. Thanks for visiting my blog. - Rex